This post may contain affiliate links, PR samples or sponsored content, please see disclaimer page in menu.
Some years I set New Years resolutions and some years I don’t. When I do I tend to break them pretty quickly whatever they are! So, this year I’m setting myself goals. Some are things to aim for, some are things I just want to do. Either way there is no pressure to do them and hopefully that will mean I hit them. Keep on reading to find out what my 2018 goals are.
My 2018 goals – blogging goals
I have quite a few blogging goals I would like to aim for this year.
- Keep up my hard work and keep to schedule. I currently post three times a week and that works well for me. It gives me time to write and promote them all. This year I want to really concentrate on getting my posts written and scheduled on a weekend. That will free up my time on a night.
- Improve my photography. I have been working really hard, especially that last year since having my DSLR and I would love to push that even further. One style of photography I really love is flatlay so I want to practice and use much more of that.
- Grow my social medias. I think this is something all bloggers want to achieve each year. Growing social accounts is so hard, especially with the ever changing algorithms.
- Trim down what I write about. I started this blog as a place where I can write about anything and everything. But from an outside eye it can seem a little all over the place. My main passions are beauty, travel, food and music and they are the things I will be writing about from now on.
- Page views. I ended the year on around 6000 page views per month. I would love that to be a regular figure and, if I can, increase that.
My 2018 goals – personal goals
- Family and friends. I want to spend as much time as possible with Ellie, my friends and family doing as many fun things as possible.
- See more of the world. Last year me and Ellie travelled. A lot. I would love to show her more of the world and tick more countries off our list.
- See more of our home. I also want to explore more of my local area. Whilst I love being abroad and feeling the sun on me, the UK is a pretty beautiful place too.
- Body image. I want to work on my weight and fitness this year. I’m currently doing 10,000 steps a day for the Teenage Cancer Trust and would like to build on that. I’m going to start going to the gym and building up what I do and eating better too. I did Slimming World last year and did really well with it but with being diagnosed with thyroid disease, more hip problems and falling off plan the weight is steadily creeping back on. Slimming World isn’t something I want to go back to unless I have to. Any restrictive diet just isn’t for me long term.
- Find a new skincare routine. Since being diagnosed with thyroid disease my skin has really changed. I want to take some time to try new products and find new things that work for me again.
- Buy my house. This is sometimes a controversial topic but I’m a council tenant and have the right to buy as I’ve had my tenancy a long time. This year I want to sort everything out and start the ball rolling with that. I know this is the house we will stay in and I want to make it 100% ours. It also means if anything happens to me I have something to leave behind for Ellie.
- Renovations. There are just two rooms in the house and three gardens left to do. I’m really hoping I can get it all done this year. We’re starting the spare bedroom this month and turning it into a office / sitting room for Ellie and her friends. I’m really excited to get going with it.
What do you think of my 2018 goals? Do you have any goals and plans of your own this year?