This post may contain affiliate links, PR samples or sponsored content, please see disclaimer page in menu.
So this week my blog is two years old. I can’t believe it! Two whole years since I set up my little corner of the internet and started rambling away. Today I am celebrating my blogs second birthday and I have a little giveaway at the end as a thank you for sticking with me.
My blogs second birthday – why I started blogging
I started my blogging journey with a nail instagram account, Hellz Nails ,6 years ago. Eventually I branched that in to a blog. Nail blogging and nail art was and still is a huge passion of mine. But, after 6 years of talking about nail polishes and “how to” nail art tutuorials, I was getting bored. I want to talk about other things I love. Having such a specific niche makes branching out in to other areas hard. People follow my nail instagram account and blog to see nails and don’t want to see other things. So, a second blog had to happen and Helerina Blogs was born. This blog is a “lifestyle” blog. No niche and I can talk about all of my passions and interests. I love all aspects of beauty and skincare, I love travelling and I love food. Here I can talk about all of those things and share my thoughts and feelings.
As is often the case once second blogs are started one of them has to give. Running two blogs and individual social medias for them both is very time consuming. Last year I made the decision to quit nail blogging. My domain expires later this month and I won’t be renewing it.
My blogs second birthday – my favourite blog posts
I am choosing six of my personal favourite blog post from the past two years to share with you again today.
- Firstly, my gin tasting Guinness World Record post. This was the very first blogging event I attended and it was such a good night. Plus I’m part of a Guinness World Record now!
- This is another blogging event, my meeting Scotty T post. I have been a big Geordie Shore fan right from the beginning so meeting someone I have been a fan of for many years was an amazing experience. I love that I got to take Ellie along too so she could meet him as well.
- The One Love Manchester post is a blogpost very close to my heart. The awful terrorist attack in Manchester touched the entire world and I was so honoured and privileged to have been able to attend the charity concert for it.
- I am incredibly proud of my photography in my Wagamama blog post. I had just started taking my DSLR out and the difference in photograph quality compared to my old iPhone photos is so noticeable.
- We also got to meet Brooklyn Beckham at his book signing event in Manchester. Ellie was thrilled to meet him and I was incredibly surprised at what a lovely, down to earth guy he is.
- Out of all of my travel posts, Spending a day in Palma is my favourite. Palma is a place that captured my heart. The cathedral and its surroundings is just stunning. We never go back to the same country twice as we like to cross new countries off our list each time. But I could quite happily to back to Palma time and time again.
My blogs second birthday – your favourite blog posts
And from my stats I can also tell you what your favourite blog posts have been over the years. I’m not going to include any posts with a giveaway in this.
- My top post in my stats is my Barry M Matte Me Up lip kit post. This still gets views even today.
- The second most popular post is the Aldi Lacura Renew Q10 day and night cream review. Again I still get views and comments on this today.
- My Models Own Holochrome lip gloss review is the next most popular post.
- The next most popular post is my review of Bingley Music Live Festival 2017. I loved the festival and really enjoyed writing this so I’m glad it appears in the top posts in my stats.
- The last post at the top of my stats is the Models Own Holochrome eyeshadow palette.
Seeing my stats has been quite surprising. I have some high end beauty products posts but the budget, drug store brands seem more popular. I’ll definitely be keeping this in mind for current posts.
My blogs second birthday – giveaway
As I mentioned earlier in the post I have a little giveaway to celebrate my blogs second birthday. I want to say thank you to everyone for reading, following and supporting me.
One winner will receive a box full of gorgeously scented things to make their skin and home smell amazing. There are skin care, hair care and bath goodies along with some wax melts for the home.