This post may contain affiliate links, PR samples or sponsored content, please see disclaimer page in menu.
Cooking is something me and Ellie love to do together. It’s a great mother and daughter activity and eating it all after is pretty amazing too! Cooking yourself from scratch means you know exactly what is in them which I’m always happy to know. Crazy Jack Organics produce fabulous snacking, cooking and baking organic foods free from chemicals. Today we are baking with Crazy Jack Organics.
Baking with Crazy Jack Organics – The products
I have two of Crazy Jack Organics fruit products and two nut products. Dried mango and banana chips are the fruits. Both are very sweet and chewy and perfect for a healthy treat or to bake with.
And I have whole blanched hazelnuts and chopped mixed nuts. Nuts aren’t something I would eat as a snack but I do use them in baking.
Baking with Crazy Jack Organics – Banana and hazelnut flapjack
The first recipe I’m baking with Crazy Jack Organics is a banana and hazelnut flapjack.
- 100g banana chips
- 50g chopped hazlenuts
- 150g oats
- 125g butter
- 125g demerara sugar
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180.
- Melt the butter, syrup, sugar, cinnamon and oil in a saucepan until the sugar has dissolved.
- Smash the banana chips up and stir into the butter mixture along with the oats and hazelnuts.
- Put the mixture into a greased, small square baking tray and spread it evenly.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until the edges are starting to brown.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes then cut into squares.
The banana chips make the flapjacks really chewy and the hazelnuts add a great crunch to them. You could try drizzling chocolate over the top to make them extra special.
Baking with Crazy Jack Organics – Mango and nut cereal bars
Our next recipe is these mango and nut cereal bars. I’m a huge fan of home-made cereal bars as they are great for snacking and perfect for taking to work too.
- 50g mixed chopped nuts
- 50g dried mango
- 50g seeds (I used a mix of pumpkin and sunflower)
- 175g oats
- 75ml golden syrup
- 100g butter
- Heat the butter and syrup in a saucepan until the butter melts and it’s bubbling.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Pour the hot butter mixture over and mix well to combine.
- Add the mixture to a small, square baking tray with greaseproof paper lining and level.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes then cut into rectangles.
The mango adds a real sweetness to the cereal bars. You can substitute the mango for any other fruit like apricots or raisins. To make the cereal bars more indulgent drizzle chocolate over them once they are cool.
Baking with Crazy Jack Organics final thoughts
We are really enjoying baking with Crazy Jack Organics. The products are all great quality and great additions to our recipes. I especially love the banana chips, they add a great flavour and chewiness to recipes.
You can buy Crazy Jack Organics from health food shops and most of the big supermarkets.
Are you a baking fan? Which of my recipes would you like to try for yourself?
If you want to try any of these recipes make sure you pin one of these to your recipe board.
*These products were sent to me in exchange for an honest review. As always I have not been influenced by this and all thoughts, words and recipes are my own*