This post may contain affiliate links, PR samples or sponsored content, please see disclaimer page in menu.
Well it’s almost June and that means it is almost officially summer. After the gorgeous weather the last few weeks I’m definitely feeling very summery. The warmer weather always makes me feel so much happier and more productive. I’ve got lots of plans for June that I’ll share at the end of this post, but first here is how my month has been in my May roundup and June plans.
May roundup – the bad moments
I usually put my bad moments at the end of the post but today I feel this needs to be at the top. The Manchester terror attack. All the terror attacks all over the world are truly terrible but this one seems to have really affected not just me but the whole nation. Watching the news first thing Tuesday morning my heart was breaking and it broke even more as the news unfolded over the days. Terrorist attacks on anyone is awful but to know children are the targets is just unthinkable. Innocent children who were spending their Monday having an amazing night seeing their idol. Children never left that arena, children were witness to it and children no longer have parents as they were stood waiting for them.
Living in Leeds I’m half an hour away from Manchester and it is somewhere I visit a lot. Until Leeds arena opened a few years ago Manchester Arena was the nearest to me. I grew up in that arena and still go regularly to see my favourite bands. Ellie, like me, is a big music fan and I’ve taken her to see her favourite bands and singers there. Now she’s 14 she is at an age where I would feel happy to drop her off with her friends and meet her afterwards. After all if you have left them at the door and pick them up again at the door you feel they are safe don’t you?
My heart goes out to the victims, to their family and friends, to the people who were witness and to Manchester. If you haven’t already please, please give whatever you can to the Manchester Emergency Fund.
Now I have gotten the sad news this month out and you’ve all given a donation I’ll get back in to my regular monthly round up.
May round up – things I did this month
- I had breakfast and a good look around the new Ham & Friends wine bar / deli.
- An amazing road trip to Newcastle with my friends to see Take That.
- I had a night with Leeds Loves Cocktails ahead of it opening on June 5th.
- A BBQ this bank holiday weekend with both mine and Ellies friends sat outside in the sunshine was a great afternoon.
- We’ve had a road trip up to Sunderland to see my nan.
May roundup – the good moments
- The weather this month has been amazing! We’ve had lots of time outdoors enjoying it and I’m cracking on with my garden project.
- I’ve spent a few different nights with my girly friends catching up and laughing.
- I have my first ever giveaways live on my blog right now, a collaboration giveaway to win a Kindle Fire HD and kids tablet and a giveaway to win a £40 voucher for Kaya jewellery. I’m really enjoying doing them and hopefully there will be more soon!
- For the first time in a long time I’m keeping up with my blog schedule which always makes me feel I am accomplishing something.
May roundup – June plans
- My front garden project is almost complete. I started last summer so it has been a long slog! I want to hire a gardener to finish digging out the bits I can’t do myself. If the sunny weather stays I’ll be able to finish it after that.
- I’m hoping to get another holiday booking for me and Ellie. This month I will start looking and planning our next adventure.
- Hopefully we can get another thing done from our 2017 wishlist.