This post may contain affiliate links, PR samples or sponsored content, please see disclaimer page in menu.
Well the start of the new month means it is time for my monthly September round up and October plans post. Today I am sharing what I have been up to, the highs and lows of the month and my plans for this month.
September round up – things I have done this month
- I have been on a foodie tour of Victoria Gate in Leeds. A night eating yummy food in lots of different places is my idea of heaven!
- I have been dog sitting for two and a half weeks this month. Henry and Betsy are so good and super cute too.
- After three weeks off work in August I have hit the ground running this month. As well as my regular job and blogging I am moonlighting for another surgery whilst they are short of staff.
- It was my friend Lindas birthday this month so we had a long overdue girls night out. We spent the night drinking cocktails and dancing in the new Popworld night club in Leeds.
September round up – great moments
- This last month my page views have more than tripled. I feel like my hard work is paying off and I love that people are reading my posts.
- Ellie has done her bronze Duke of Edinburgh and did the camping expedition this month. I am a super proud mama now she has finished it and has her award. She is really enjoying the volunteering part of it so is keeping that up even though she doesn’t need to do it now.
- My beautiful friend Amy got married this month in Santorini. I am sad I couldn’t be there but was able to go to the night do. I had THE best night celebrating with them. And can we just talk about how stunning Amy and her dress are? I have to say a huge thank you to Amy and Mathew for inviting me.
September round up – bad moments
- Ellie has been having physiotherapy for knee problems and has been doing really well. Unfortunately the walking almost 20 miles on her Duke of Edinburgh has really undone all the work. There is nothing worse than seeing your child in pain and I really wish I could take it away for her. We have been to see the physio since and hopefully the new stretches will start working soon.
- I’m still battling on with my thyroid issues. It seems to be quite tricky to get the balance of medication and blood levels right! My most recent blood test looks like I’m finally there and I’m looking forward to starting to feel better.
September round up – October plans
- I am going to re-join Slimming World this week. I did really well on it previously and was maintaining for almost a year. The problems with my thyroid means I have put on some weight. I’m feeling very positive I can lose it again quickly.
- Now my bloods are back in normal levels I should start feeling less tired soon. I really want to start using my gym membership that I pay a small fortune for every month. Eating better and exercising always makes me feel so much better about myself.
- We are going to Gran Canaria at the end of the month. I can’t wait to relax and feel the sun on me again. We haven’t been before so I am really looking forward to exploring a new country.
- Now it is October I should really start thinking about the C word! I’m quite looking forward to starting my lists and shopping for the big day.
- Once we are back from Gran Canaria we don’t have any more holidays planned. I would love to start planning our next adventure so we have something to look forward to.
What have you been up to this month? And what are your plans for October?