This post may contain affiliate links, PR samples or sponsored content, please see disclaimer page in menu.
How has August been for you? We have had a super busy, action packed month! As today is the first of the month I’m sharing my August round up and September plans.
August round up – things I have done this month
- I have had three weeks holiday off work this month and Ellie is on school holidays which means we have had lots of time for adventures.
- I spent a morning exploring the Northern Craft Fair.
- A day exploring Scarborough away from the usual places and walks we always go to there.
- We had lunch at The Alchemist in Leeds.
- We had lots of fun at Flamingo Land. You really can’t beat spending a day getting your adrenaline racing on the theme park rides.
- We had a super sweet treat at Kaspa’s Desserts in Leeds.
- We had a little holiday, 3 days up in Northumberland.
- And finally, the most amazing night tasting the Wagamama summer menu and favourites at the new restaurant in the White Rose Centre, Leeds.
August round up – great moments
- Last month I was talking about being diagnosed with thyroid disease. After a month on medication I’m feeling much better in myself. I’m not 100% yet but definitely getting there.
- Having three weeks off work has been pretty amazing! I love going off on adventures with Ellie whilst she is off school. Being able to lay in is always nice too isn’t it?
- Anna featured me in her regular blog review series and had some great tips for me to work on.
- Shannon nominated me for a Blogger Recognition Award (that I will get around to responding to soon!) It is so flattering that another blogger thought of me for this so thank you Shannon.
- I met with the manager from another business that are struggling with staff at the minute. As from next week I’m helping them out until they are back on their feet. It’s not a permanent job but the extra money will be perfect for our holiday next month.
- Our little holiday was just what both me and Ellie needed. Having a few days in the middle of nowhere with no phone signal is heaven sometimes.
- After my hair disaster last month the colour has been re-done and I really love my new hair colour. Being dark isn’t so bad after all!
August round up – bad moments
- One of my best friends is still going through a rough time. I hate seeing her like this and feel so helpless. It’s one of those situations where you just can’t do anything to help.
- When I said about thyroid disease last month I touched on the problems it was causing my hair. Unfortunately it is much worse this month. I’ve got a lot of broken patches and some very thin, balding patches too. Fortunately I’m managing to hide it well and it does seem to have stopped now the medication is starting to work. *Touches wood…and crosses fingers too.*
- I had another laser tattoo session. The previous ones were painful but not unbearable but this time was really rough. The laser goes deeper each time and I think being generally run down didn’t help either. I do think the end result will be worth the pain though.
August round up – September plans
- I am heading to Bingley Music Live festival this afternoon. I can’t wait to see all the bands and spend a weekend in a field with Ellie and my friends.
- Ellie will be back at school so I’m looking forward to things getting back in to more of a routine.
- I want to check our wardrobes and make sure we have everything we need for our holiday. Winter sun means we might struggle with some things, like trying to find bikinis in October. Hopefully we can get what we do need in the end of season sales though.
- I need to pull my finger out and finally finish my front garden. I was too unwell in July then too busy in August. Realistically if I don’t finish it in September then I won’t be able to much after that.
- I’ve been thinking a lot about my blog and the direction it is going in. I would like to spend a few days really thinking about it and make a few changes. As much as I love blogging about whatever I feel like, I do think having more of a niche might help me to grow it more.
- My last big plan for the month is to start saving up ready to redecorate my spare bedroom. The plan is to turn it in to an office / sitting room for Ellie and her friends.
I’d love to know what you have been up to in August or what your plans are for September? And what do you think about finding a niche or any recommendations for that.