This post may contain affiliate links, PR samples or sponsored content, please see disclaimer page in menu.
Well that is another month of 2017 down! How has your July been? We have had another action packed month here. I’m glad it’s the school holidays now and I have some time off work ready for lots of new adventures this month. Today I am sharing my July round up and August plans.
July round up – things I’ve done this month
- We met Brooklyn Beckham! It was such a strange but lovely night and Ellie was so happy. I’ve got a blog post about it coming up in the next week or so.
- We had the most amazing meal at Jamie’s Italian in Leeds City Centre. I am still thinking about that truffle tagliatelle and really need to go back soon.
- Ellie went for a sleepover at her friends house one Saturday night. I took full advantage and my friends came over. Sitting out in the garden drinking wine and catching up with the girls is a great way to spend a Saturday.
- I went along to the Leeds stop of the TSB Summer of Pride tour.
- We spent a day up in Teeside with my nan. I always love visiting up there and she always cooks the most amazing Sunday dinners.
July round up – great moments
- This month I am especially grateful for my amazing group of friends. One of our group is going through the most awful time and I love how everyone is rallying around her and each other. You honestly could not find a better circle of friends to be in.
- Ellie has been doing the bronze level of the Duke of Edinburgh award this year. So she spent a few days on the expedition. They were dropped off with their huge bags, map and compass. She had to make her own way to the campsite, set up camp for the night, cook and camp. They pack up and make her way to the pick up point. I always miss her when she is not at home but I’m so proud of her for doing it.
- Friday was my last day at work for 2 weeks. My out of office is on and I have lots of plans for my time off.
- Our next holiday is booked and paid for. In October we will be jetting off for a week in Puerto Rico in Gran Canaria.
- Ellie had her summer 4 piece gymnastics competition. She did brilliantly and got a gold medal for the beam and a silver for the uneven bars. Watching her compete and stand on the podium makes me a super proud mum.
July round up – bad moments
- Ellie has had a lot of problems with knee pain over the last couple of months. It really came to a head this month with the Duke of Edinburgh trip and extra gymnastics practice. After so many trips to the Doctors she has finally got a referral to physiotherapy. After just one session she has a diagnosis and exercises to try and help. During the summer holidays there is no gymnastics or school sports so she has a good 6 weeks to rest it.
- I haven’t been feeling too well either for quite a few weeks, really tired and just generally not right but didn’t quite know what was wrong. I have a history of thyroid problems so had a blood test to check that out. It turns out it is underactive. As it has a history of wobbling up and down the plan was to leave it a month and re-check. But I got much worse, sleeping for 15+ hours a day and still tired, my eyebrows are falling out…Yep really, my actual eyebrows are falling out! My hair is so brittle it is snapping and coming out. And I put a stone on in just three weeks *sobs*. I am now on thyroid replacement and apparently it will start working in a couple of weeks. Feeling less tired and my hair growing back can’t come soon enough.
- Speaking of hair I went for my usual hair appointment to get my roots done. Unfortunately it didn’t quite go to plan and I had orange roots and brown hair by the end of it….definitely not the platinum blonde I went in with! An emergency appointment the next day and I had to go dark to cover it all up. Although I do know it’s only hair I’m still super sad about it all. The dark is growing on me though and a break from the bleach will do it good. Especially given it’s condition at the moment.
July round up – August plans
- Visit a theme park. Every summer we always go to at least one as Ellie loves them. I’m not sure where we will go this year but it will be a great day out where ever we end up.
- Spend a day at Holy Island / Lindesfarne. I have been wanting to go for the longest time! There is something so fascinating about travelling over coastal roads and places being cut off by the sea at certain times of the day.
- Go to the seaside. Spending a day walking around in the salty sea air, eating doughnuts and fish and chips and sightseeing is such a perfect summers day out.
- I have a “thing” for castles and abbeys. Hopefully whilst we are out and about we can stop off at a few new ones.
- With not feeling well and needing to spend time with my friends the front garden project isn’t quite done. Hopefully, if the weather holds, I can get that finished and looking gorgeous.
- Have a night away in a B&B. Maybe at the seaside or in a new city. Our next big holiday isn’t until October so a little mini break will be something to look forward to.